Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Upcoming Trainings and SBAC Info




Upcoming Tech Tuesdays
**No Tech Tuesday on March 17th due to an SBAC Training**
March 31st (Google Classroom)
April 14th (Twitter for Teachers)



If you would like reminders about these and other upcoming Tech Tuesday trainings sign up for my Remind account! You can sign up for it by clicking here. If you’ve never heard of Remind I’d highly recommend checking it out. It’s a great way to communicate with parents. You can check out their website at www.remind.com. I’m actually using it to get GAFE tips from a principal in Missouri that I met on Twitter. How cool is that?! This will be especially helpful if you sign up for a training because it will send you reminder of the training. In fact, I’ve already scheduled that post to go out.


With SBAC coming up, Wilma and I will be at all the sites training the teachers on how to facilitate the test. At this point, if you haven’t already I’d highly recommend checking out the resources on the LTUSD EdTech website to help your students prepare. Once you’ve had the training, you should help your students work through both the Practice Test and the Training Test so they are familiar with the embedded tools and know how to answer all the question types. I'd also highly recommend taking the Practice test yourself if you haven't before so you're familiar with the tools and the types of questions that students are expected to answer. Some of these are very unique and not very intuitive. We can help our students be prepared as possible by understanding how to use the tools. 

If you have any questions about either of the above resources please don't hesitate to email me at kmartin@ltusd.org




No comments:

Post a Comment