Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Edpuzzle and a Change & Tech Tuesdays are Now Webby Wednesdays



A few weeks ago I found this awesome tool online called EDpuzzle. This tool allows you to take any video and add questions any where along the video. For the elementary and middle school where YouTube is blocked is once you drop the YouTube video in to EDpuzzle, the YouTube part of it sort of disappears. It was very easy to add questions and I even shortened the video below from 20 minutes to 8 minutes.

I tested out the lesson with a 5th grade class and they loved it! But who doesn't enjoy a Bill Nye video every now and again? What was great too is that I easily found questions online so I didn't have to reinvent the wheel thinking of questions to correlate with the video.

Check out the EDpuzzle I created below. Once I decided on a topic, found a video and questions, it probably took me about 20 minutes to create the finished product. It's a very user-friendly product and the company is very responsive to their users! I tweeted a question to them and had an answer in less than 12 hours.




Change to Tech Tuesdays!


Due to teacher requests- Tech Tuesdays are now Webby Wednesdays! Same time (4pm) and place (District Office). The first Webby Wednesday will be on April 15th and will cover EDpuzzle! Sign up here.

And don't forget to check out the Tech Bytes on the LTUSD EdTech Website. There are some great quick tips on there several of which you may not know about and probably could use in your class tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment